So you’ve finally gotten the dream house that you’ve always wanted. And there are so many things that are wonderful about it – and you can’t wait to get started on decorating and renovating it so that it feels like it is truly yours. The place you should start is your master bedroom.
Why the Master Bedroom?
This is a good question – why do you want to take care of your master bedroom first? Well, it’s your sanctuary. The place that you rest your head at night. The place where you are intimate with your significant other. The place that you go to relax. So why shouldn’t it be the room that gets the most attention and care out of all of the rooms that you have? By making your master bedroom your oasis first, you’ll have the energy and the excitement that you need in order to get working on the rest of the house.
What Should I Consider?
There are a lot of different things that you need to think about when you’re working on your master bedroom. Here are some of the questions that you should be asking yourself.
- What colors do you want the room to be? You want colors that inspire rest, relaxation, and comfort, so stick with blues, greens, and neutral colors – steer clear of bright colors.
- How are you going to set up your space? This depends on the furniture that you’re using, but you also want to make sure that it’s comfortable for you. Position the bed so the sun doesn’t go into your eyes in the morning. Make sure that you can fit everything without feeling crowded.
- How large of a bed do you want? What type of a bed do you want?
- Are you going to change the closet(s) or are you going to keep it as is?
- If there is a master bathroom attached, how are you going to put that together? Is it going to blend well with what you’re doing in the bedroom?
- How well does the room express you? Does it have something that makes it feel like it is uniquely yours?
The master bedroom is definitely one of the most important rooms in your home, so make sure that you put the time into it that it deserves. What are you going to do with your master bedroom? How are you going to make it your own?…